Friday, May 30, 2014

Imperfect Faces

I love an imperfect face.
Birth-marked,
age spotted,
or freckled.
The characters that tell the story of you.

Lip creases--
resembling the joys you've experienced
and the loves you have known.

Facial hair full of wisdom,
and the forehead lines of a thinker.
Eyes deeply set
or perhaps unequally spaced.
What the world rejects,
sets you apart from the rest.
The curves of your cheeks,
the radiance of your smile.

Strong facial features--
you were born to mirror
the appearance of kings and queens.

Every flaw was designed;
your nose is unique.
Thick lips,
to me always seem to produce the sweetest kisses.

Dark circles--
are badges of persistence,
so wear them with pride.
Because perfection is a lie,
and insecurities are never really hidden.
Leave off the mask
for your beauty is seen without the additives,
and make up is only a temporary fix.

Your face is alluring;
it's what makes you-- you.
Pure and natural,
from the day you were made.

I believe beauty is truly found in the eye of the beholder.
And I see you;
and I love what I see--
every feature of your perfectly imperfect face.

No comments:

Post a Comment