Sunday, April 27, 2014

Loving Myself

Shhh.
Come close.
Tell me,
can you hear that?

It's the sounds of a sound mind,
because not only am I hearing better
but I'm also listening this time.

And though,
some days I struggle
I know ultimately this is my gift.
Wait.
Move in a little closer,
because I want you to get a full whiff.

That's the smell of my freedom
and the lost of the world's control.
Been in line with His word
so He taught me how carry out this new role.

Hold on.
Look closely.
Tell me,
can you see it now?
Because if your eyes are still wide shut,
then I doubt you can see how.

How remaining ignorant may sometimes
feel like it's bliss,
but walking in faith is the only way out of an abyss.

And personally I wondered why I couldn't
feel His touch.
Until I realized that I hadn't been feeling
me so much.

I was yearning to get right but my heart had nothing left.
I was quick to blame others but unconsciously
I'd been committing my own spiritual theft.

Wasn't until I opened His book
and got into His face.
That I was able to make a turn
and enter into a healthier space.

Where my senses became heightened
because I've been fine tuned.
And no matter how off I may have been
I was never marooned.

So no more waging a war
towards a battle that should not be fought.
Because I know now that
loving myself feels better than I thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment