Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Skips a Beat

My heart skipped a beat.

A beat so sweet
because through it flowed my life's force.
And I'm ready for a love that don't need to be forced.
In fact,
I want opposite of just that.

Where my heart skips beats,
and my boat goes afloat.
I mean,
I want to gloat
on and on about how he rocks my world.

A world that at times can seem so empty
will then be plenty-

..full..

Because I'm full.
Full off of him,
so much so that I can't even think of what it was
like before then.

Back when
my heart wasn't skipping beats
and with every "new" person I met,
it somehow felt like a repeat.

A time when I was drowning,
my face was frowing
and I was without a smile.
And believe it or not for awhile,
that's how I lived.
But that's the past and I'm not trying to have it relived.

Because I'm ready to be happy,
and that may sound sappy
to my folks who don't want to hear it.
Because when love came their way they weren't
trying to come near it.
But see I don't fear it.

Because love is writing my story
and it's showed me that through hitting rock bottom
is where you'll begin to receive His glory.

Glory that feels like favor,
though it could be grace.
Because in that icebox of a space,
is now a heart that is skipping beats.

Instead of playing the same old tune,
a pitiful
ba-boom, ba-boom.

Nah, this feeling I choose it,
and everything outside of it,
I lose it.

Because my heart is doing a new thing,
while it prepares itself for the love that he will one day bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment