Saturday, April 19, 2014

Treasure

There you were,
deep, deep, deep
into my treasure.

But I let you in..

I allowed you to see and share my ineffable place.
Alongside me,
you and I walked the path that led to my innermost being.
You weren't lost nor were you afraid,
because you also felt that every way was the right way to go.

Deep, deep, deep
into my treasure
you witnessed the direction the springs flowed intensely
and you seemed overwhelmed by the depths thereof.
There was no presence of shallowness because these were the waters of real.
And on the other side of the trees we promised not to cross,
yet the sounds of enchantment were ever so enticing.

There you stood,
a stranger in the midst of my treasure
and I was more than glad to have invited you in.

The petals of blossomed life gave the eye more than what it asked.
At last,
I had someone to experience this all with.
In now what I was willing to call OUR wonderland of wondrous amazement,
I wondered if you were ever really happy there...

There,
deep, deep, deep
into my treasure.
Eden nor Elysium could compare to the heaven
I felt within this secret space of infinite boundaries.

A perfect accident and the claims were immediately in order,
with you I could see the face of our unborn daughter.
Until I heard the voices of reason
warning me that my treasure was under treason.
Consequently I was under siege,
because someone that I thought I could believe,
had their hands on my booty.

The evanescence of colors that shined from nature's bliss,
we held hands and reminisced on all that we had missed.
No list,
just mental visions of that fairy tale first kiss.
In the air I could smell,
no,
I could taste the deliciousness of the beauty all around.
But who were you really,
"a faithful man.. who can find?"

This place that once shined a light unknown to man is now full of dark.
Covered by a fog that had become so thickened by the steam
that only you and I created.
Right?
Maybe so.
Maybe not.

And today I went to check in on my treasure,
unsurprisingly not a flower has bloomed.
Because the water had run dry,
and I could not try
to replicate God's work with the tears from my cry.

I also looked for you but you were no longer there;
nowhere in sight.
No shades of purple colors,
only the still that rests upon the night.
A skyline without a cloud and yet still full of gray.

Abandoned with an unburied and empty treasure chest nestled upon the sand.
And I'm the only one to blame because it was me that let you,
deep, deep, deep
into my treasure.

And you came for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment