Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Him

You're the beginning of a perfect verse.
You feed people truth that needs not be rehearsed.
You encourage giving back to one's own community,
and you have brought out the very best from within me.

You speak out from the abundance of your heart.
You give life to words and you give hope a start.
You teach others to have a voice of their own,
and when I fear the unknown,
you feel like home.

You, feel like home..

You're the still in the midst of the night,
where the soul challenges the body to become forthright.
You would share your very last penny,
if you knew it would help to advance the lives of many.

You put my feet back on the ground.
Through your spoken words my gift has been found.
You speak my language of love and poetry--
and though you did it unknowingly,
you saved me..

No comments:

Post a Comment