Thursday, April 3, 2014

Passing me by

Taken straight from a scene
in a movie
he smiled, passed by
and the essence of him
moved me.

Coco caramel complected,
eyes bright and in them
the image of me reflected.

My heart still slightly
defected,
but could he see it?
My prince in pauper's attire,
could he be it?

Better yet my knight in shining
armor,
believing that possibly this
was some of my good karma.

Because the heavens have eyes..

And it's known that God orders
each and every step,
so I bet
that our paths crossing
was of no coincidence at all.

Standing before him was
a young woman with a want,
not a need.
That he was the one chosen
to possess the deed.

...to my heart.

That he the key master would
allow this gatekeeper to play her part.

Gently he knocked and he tapped,
and within a short amount of
time he had me wrapped
up in..

The perfect words spoken
with a charismatic tone,
when he spoke it was as if no
one else existed and we were all
alone.

Taken straight from a scene in a movie,
the essence of him moved me...
But maybe just a little too far.

Because his prose has a purpose
and he's passionate for his passion,
with an unwavering demand on his life
his time he has to ration.

And just like that
I'm another girl who doesn't get the guy,
taken straight from a scene in a movie
where he smiles and continues to pass me by.



No comments:

Post a Comment