Friday, July 9, 2010

The Fine Print

This spectacular package of love called ME, requires that you read the fine print carefully.

I AM CUSTOM MADE.
Meaning that I come with instructions to 'Handle with Care.'

Proverbs 4:23- Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

The HEART is the wellspring of life, therefore it is necessary that it stays protected. Like many others, I too have had my share of disappointments, of heart breaks, and upsets. I was more focused on defending and defining myself rather than guarding what was sacred. But...

I AM CUSTOM MADE.
Meaning that I come with instructions to 'Handle with Care.'

I Corinthians 6:19- Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.

The BODY is a temple of the Holy Spirit, therefore it is necessary that it stays in optimal condition. Like many others, I too have had my share of fad diets, drugs use, and tattoos. I was more focused on instant gratification rather than maintaining a vessel worthy of housing my Comforter. But...

I AM CUSTOM MADE.
Meaning that I come with instructions to 'Handle with Care.'

Ezekiel 18:4- For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the son— both alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

The living SOUL within me has an owner, therefore, it is necessary that I not give it away to death. Like many others, I too have had my share of temptations, low points, and wicked behaviors. I was more focused on functioning in the pains rather than in the promises. But...

I AM CUSTOM MADE.
Meaning that I come with instructions to 'Handle with Care.'

And that is exactly what I have been doing. I went before my Maker and He graciously provided me with a copy of His owner's manual. From that day forth, I have been handling myself with care. I value my value and those around me are expected to do the same.

Because see, I am custom made and I know that not everyone reads the fine print and therefore, they miss out and lose their goods.

1 comment:

  1. i like this poem because it teaches us as people to love and value ourselves, great poem!

    ReplyDelete