Thursday, July 3, 2014

One Minute

Rehearsed what I would say
but silence left my lips.
Breezing like the wind,
yet wondering
why a girl like me just could not win.

Full of great intent
yet fear kept me content,
in a routine of nothingness.
Now I sit front row witnessing his bliss.

We get the choice.
And I heard the heavens saying that he was for me.

Fate pushed but I ran the other way,
Told myself that I could make a so-so situation okay.
Delay,
in what was obviously a relay for his affection.

Melancholy of a fool,
arriving a minute too late
because I had to keep my rep of playing it cool.
Or so I thought.

Love is blind--
I couldn't see.
I couldn't see.
I could not see.

And now my eyes won't shut
because he's more beautiful than I could have ever thought.
My fault--
immaturity doesn't readily heed the wise counsels advice,
so now I wish that those who knew what I didn't;
that they would have pushed me twice.

Gone in 60 seconds
made me fully aware that,
any moment beyond the whispers instruction
is potential for new love's destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment