Tuesday, March 1, 2011

note to SELF: be YOURSELF

A new month and what better way to kick it off by just being my natural AUTHENTIC wonderful self. I'm excited too because I'm being me to the max whether anyone likes it or not (although I'm sure there won't be too many complaints.)

I've just decided that I've had it! R.I.P to the people pleaser that lived in me.

No more of being what people think I should be or do what people think I should do or look how people think I should look or feel how people think I should feel. I'm sure you get where I'm going with this. No longer my friends, if it isn't or doesn't sit well with me, then I'm not shrinking back and accepting it any longer. The hard truth is that everyone isn't going to like me but I'm cool with that. And if folks aren't into accepting me being myself, then I really don't need them that close to begin with, feel me?

TRUE STORY: So lately I've discovered a new love in fashion and what I have come to find out is that I love vintage clothing, I mean, love it, love it, love it. I enjoy the way it looks and feels on me.

Side note: this look is not for everyone, (so don't go out trying to find some retro/vintage clothing and age yourself just because you read this blog) but anyways, it works for me. The other day I showed my mother a few of my pieces and of course she had her comments about it. She said that I have no taste....

Hilarious!! Right??
Just because it isn't her "taste", doesn't mean that it isn't mines. Remember when I told y'all in my fasting blog that I have been being shaped and molded for most of my life? Well, that was just a bit of what I meant. In order to have taste, I guess I have to do what everyone else is doing. It makes me wonder if that's why she began perming my hair, I guess it was important to keep others comfortable.

Well, now it's about MY comfort and I'm comfortable with my napptural hair, I'm comfortable with my chocolate brown skin, I'm comfortable with my style and my taste in any and everything that I like. Heck, I'm comfortable with me. And I ought to be, I've been living with myself for the last 30 years now. And that's a long time; a long time also to learn and understand that Yahweh didn't make any mistakes when He created me. So this month, I'm starting it off by being thankful for who I am and I'm appreciating my own uniqueness.

There is no one else on this planet that is like me, and if anyone tries to learn my ways in order to replicate me...it will NEVER be done because I can NEVER be duplicated!

I close by saying, if there is a mold shaping you to be something that isn't you then I suggest you break it and just be yourself. Because when there is no one else around, you gotta be good with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment