Thursday, February 23, 2017

Best Dressed

In search of the perfect dress,
an inner desire to impress,
to stand out from the rest.
Stressed,
depressed..

..because I've been here before.
Wanting you to want me more,
and notice beyond the fabric choice I wore.
Adore,
amore..

..the woman under the garment.
A heart full of content,
that believes we are meant.
Ascent,
heaven sent..

..but something has been delayed.
Maybe you're also afraid,
to be played.
Betrayed,
swayed..

..to recognize what has always been there.
An answer to a silent prayer,
for your broken heart to repair.
I'm rare,
I swear..

..I'm more than what the eyes can see.
Unapologetically she,
fully clothed or nakedly free.
Spiritually,
uncover me..

..and I will do the same too.
Together that 3 piece suit we can undo,
break through,
baby, I got you..

..but only by request.
And a commitment to profess,
and finally address,
that once side by side is when we'll both be,
'best dressed.'

No comments:

Post a Comment