Wednesday, February 16, 2011

RARE BREED

My all time favorite human being on the planet right now is the MARRIED MAN. There is something quite special and rare about a man that is married. I'm interested in his creed and I want to know why and what made him take such a courageous leap.

As Valentine's Day has come and gone, I've noticed that there were an unusual amount of engagement commercials being shown. I also couldn't help but to notice that out of the many advertisements being aired that there were no black men featured in any of them.

Does Jared and Kay know something that we don't know? Are there no black ad executives working the board to get our faces seen in their commercials? Or are White, Asian, and French men the only ones finding and keeping the women that they love? I can't put my finger on it but, nonetheless, that married man is still a standout human creation in my sight.

I see them as a league of their own...HONORABLE, JOYFUL, and most importantly FAVORED by YAHWEH.

Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving HONOUR unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. -1 Peter 3:7

Live JOYFULLY with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun. -Ecclesiastes 9:9

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth FAVOUR of the LORD. -Proverbs 18:22

It takes a man of obedience, discipline and direction to place himself in such a role of responsibility and for that I tip my hat off to you. I can imagine that committing to a woman isn't the easiest of choices because sometimes we can be a bit much to handle. But you have agreed to forever agree that this is the ONE person that makes your life livable.

I smile just at the thought.

Today, I come not to burden you but to ask a simple favor. I ask that you spread your truth to others, especially to our Brown and Black brothers. The crown of wisdom has been placed upon you and as you stand King it is now your call of duty to dub other Knights with the Holy Sword.

I admire what you have done and what you represent to do all the days of your life. You are truly the rarest of breeds and everyone who knows of your power and beauty, knows this to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment