Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ticasso (lol)

Photobucket

YOU: Chayah, why do you not draw faces on the people in your paintings?

ME: Well, because I want for you to see beyond their expressions and emotions. It's easy for me to make them smile, but it's another thing for you to be able to make them smile. This way my characters relate and connect directly to where you are. Keeping them faceless, keeps their presence, present.

YOU: What was your inspiration for this painting?

ME: Honestly, I was flipping through a magazine some time last week and came across this beautiful picture. The woman pictured hung out in my head for a few days until I finally let her out on the canvas.

YOU: What can we expect from you next?

ME: I say, stick around. I'm devoting one day a week to focus solely on this talent. I don't know what's up ahead but I have been seeing a few different images lately. I usually don't have a plan when I sit down to create unless I have a specific project I'm working on. Just keep checking in on the blog to stay updated. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment