Monday, April 21, 2014

30 for 30

He said that if you write it
then they would read it,
and truth be told I really wanted to believe it.
Though right now I don't know that to be true,
because I've never had a fan base
and my friends are limited to only a select few.

Been told that a tree that falls in the
forest will still make a sound,
and that that takes place despite anyone else being around.

..to hear it.

So does my poetry go to waste if I have no one
who wants to take the time to come near it?
Should the curtains be closed or the towel be thrown,
if my writing is only for an audience of just myself alone?

Often I wonder if it's not just my talent
but it's me that goes unappreciated.
Yet I'm sure that's just another internal conversation
that needs to be debated.

Because like I said,
I heard Him say it.
He said that if I write it
then they..
Or that you,
would read it.
And me being trustworthy
well I really want to believe it.

So as I bring this piece to a close
without becoming too wordy,
I promise to continue to write for whomever is out there,
supporting me as push myself to complete this 30 for 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment