Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Unmotivated

It took me all day to come up with this piece.
I mean,
it gave me absolutely no peace
cause I wanted to write something fresh and something new.
Something you could go home and spit to your boo
but unfortunately for me nothing was coming through.

Granted the fact that I even locked myself up in the room
until I thought of what it was that I needed to say,
yet this one right here still took me damn near all day.

And I had the option to write
about life, strife, the crazy and the lazy.
You know,
the people--
those that come and those who go,
the money or lack of and what it is that we have to show.

I just couldn't put my fnger,
the thoughts wouldn't linger.
In my mind,
this time--
I actually had a hard time coming up with words that rhyme
or made any sense...
Felt a little dense,
cause I was at a lost (or a lose?)
Didn't know the proper vocabulary to choose.

Felt slightly unmotivated,
debated on if I should even be here before you.
Said to myself,
"hell wit it,
spit it."
But the canvas is blank.
Feels like I set out for shore and my ship almost sank.

Just couldn't feel it through me.
Oh my,
I wonder why.
I can't or I won't,
I did but I don't.

I know it sounds like a ramble,
a gamble with the minutes of here and now.
Wow,
this is unusual because this hasn't happened in awhile.
Kinda feels like a scene from 8 mile..
I'm feeling sick,
got a sudden tick...
Tock,
steady watching the hands on the clock,
got it make it pop
and go bam!!

Man, damn.

I just want to show you my best,
so forget getting any rest,
my calling is to write what's right
even if that means I'm a be up all night.

So where do I start?
How do I get these words out
and translate to you what's in my heart?

I know can always begin with family,
close friends,
or sin.
I can give you a taste of heaven
or a bite or hell,
maybe I'll just cry out for those behind a cell.

Well...

I can talk about Obama or Bush,
or burning that Kush.

Throw ya lighters in the air!!
..nah, see me no care.

I can talk about NY or A,
a little Chi or the Bay.

I'm down to my 23rd hour with
only one more to go.
Oh no!
Then I gotta take the time to talk about
them niggas who act like niggers,
pulling triggers and taking lives.
While we have soldiers dying overseas
leaving behind wives.

I guess it doesn't matter what I say
 just as long as I speak up
and speak loud
while I'm rocking the crowd.

Because I mean,
I've already spent my entire day
feeling unmotivated
thinking that my sunshine soon would be shaded.

But baby
I'm gonna shine because
oops,
I did it again one more time.

I took words that didn't match or mix
left alone those things that didn't need a fix.
Got the perfect words out without saying a thing,
I hit a sweet melody and I don't even sing.

Shh,
truth be told I'm feeling like a just put it down.
Exercised the proper use of a noun,
with the addition of a verb.
And though this one right here internally
struck a nerve.
It got me on the verge
of just being ghost
so I'm gonna pass this mic right here
back to our host.

Because today,
I obviously don't have too much to say..
I'm unmotivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment