Monday, April 7, 2014

Do you think of me?

Do I ever cross your mind?
Do you ever wish that I would appear
and together we could spend some time?

Do you think of me..
Because often I miss you.
I reminisce of our past and the experiences
that we've been through.

Not every thought is
warm and sweet,
and sometimes I wondered what it'd
be like if we were to never meet.

But the question asked
is clear as day..
Maybe you think of the things I would once say?
Or maybe even the way we would once play?

Do you think back to when I told you
how I valued you as a friend?
When we promised one other
that our love would never end?

Or perhaps you think of me
when you reach for your phone,
somewhere in the back of your mind
you hear the way I used to moan..
the way we used to sweat,
the way you would make me wet..
or was I just that easy for you to forget?

Do you ever think of would it might be like now,
do you contemplate on how,
if we were to have taken it slow,
how much more of each other we would've gotten to know.

Sometimes when I think of you and me,
my heart begins to race rapidly.
A breakout of palpitations and a cold sweat,
from unconsciously holding on to the pain of past regret.

And today I missed you
but you obviously didn't feel the same,
with no one to blame but myself.
Cause when I could have chosen to go right,
I'd followed you left.

So again I ask-- do you think of me,
or are you too proud to chase what is now a memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment