Friday, April 11, 2014

His Rib

And to him,
I am his rib.

His love for me will surpass mountaintops.
His desire to hold on to me forever won't come as a task,
for his heart will want to provide for all that my heart shall ever ask.

The word love hasn't enough power to describe the way he will truly feel
because this connection between man and woman will be surreal.
Like I will feel the glow of the sun before it crosses my awakening face
and in this place of our togetherness,
I will embrace the man that God has chosen for me.

The clouds and the stars will begin to take shape
in knowing that our fate has been manifested.
The birds and the bees will be of ease,
the trees and the leaves will be the gatekeepers
to the silent still breeze.

Cause you see,
when I am with him and he is with me,
then for eternity I internally will be cloaked in passion.
Conception of erotic affections will later consume us too,
for I was designed to please only him.
Ahh,
as if I can somehow right now feel the warmth of his skin.

For all that I lack this man will back.
And for all that he needs,
I will gracefully sow the seeds.
Time will be of no interest and space of no concern.
In turn,
he has me and I have him.

Fairy tales run nowhere near close.
Neither fantasy nor fiction could do justice as to a prediction
of our "happily ever after."

For even in the life hereafter,
two souls
will stand at the gates made of pearl and streets made of gold.

Face to face with our Maker,
we wouldn't break accord.
Because on bended knee before the Lord,
we shall give thanks with no ad-lib.
Cause to me he is my Adam
and to him,
I am his rib.

No comments:

Post a Comment