Friday, April 4, 2014

Baby girl

To my baby girl,

I haven't yet met you but
you are already the center of my world.
My spirit knows you well,
in your smile and bright eyes is where I dwell.

Baby girl I want you to know that I need you too,
because I become a better person
through maturing and developing for the sake of you.
I experience the life that I never thought I would,
I mean, who would've thought that I'd embrace motherhood..

I fell in love with watching you begin to take form,
and waited patiently for you to make your appearance
so that I could put into practice
these new talents that God has called me to perform.

Yes, baby girl
you are the best of my life,
a true reflection of 
what's within me that is good and right.

My gift from God that I named as such,
haven't yet held you in my arms
but in my heart I feel your touch.
You are the ending and start of who I was and who I am,
and though I never thought that I'd experience this kind of love
God always knew you were a part of the plan.

You're sweet and funny for no reason at all,
and I take delight in your little laugh
because you have such a big personality to be so small.
I race home everyday to see you look up at me,
and I am greeted with nothing but the love
and admiration you have for your "Mommy".

I'm praying already that I get it right,
so that I may impart righteousness and truth in you
that leads you to His light.
My assignment is to make sure you have a relationship
with your Father
and that you know Him well,
to teach you His essence
so that you may follow His will.

Dearest baby girl,
as your Mother I encourage you to always be free
to be authentically you,
and I promise today to give you my love
no matter what we may go through.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment