Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Afraid

I was afraid.

Not that I would fail but that I would succeed,
that I would be forced from my comfort zone
uncomfortably.

That I would get all the things that my heart desired,
and I wouldn't be able to make excuses
of why I could not ignite my own fire.

I was afraid of growth
but I heard the Spirit calling on me.
Constant reminders to not miss
even the smallest opportunity.

I had often thought of walking on water
but I was always too afraid to drown.
So many times before
I have been let down.

And yes,
that was another excuse
to not push on.
Just so I can question the future or stay stuck
in the past
where I had been scorn.

The present was my gift but I was afraid
to open it up,
scared that the effort I put forward
may not have been enough.

So I chose to procrastinate
somehow each and everyday.
In order to avoid stepping aside
and getting out of my own way.

One night I had a dream
and it was oh so clear.
An angel appeared and said the
life I wished for was coming near.

"Be afraid no more,
carry out the purpose
He created you for.

Bless your community and inspire
the world.
Write to enlighten the children
every boy and every girl.

Be afraid no more."
Just do it was his demand.
Then this angel gently
took me by the hand.

He walked me closer to the light
and whispered,
"trust in God and everything
will be alright."

And just before he kissed me upon my head,
the words
"be afraid no more",
once again was quietly said.

Then I arose in the spot
where I had laid,
dropped to my knees and
immediately I prayed.

Thanked Him for the courage and promised
my goals would no longer be delayed,
and it was from that day forward
I lived life no longer afraid.





No comments:

Post a Comment